Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day 10

We preached with Spanish again since no one from ASL was going out. Jo and Emily were each paired with someone else and I was with a Special Pioneer sister here named Debbie.

We started with a return visit she had in a cellphone shop but she wasn't there so she witnessed to another girl behind the counter instead. When we came out, we had lost the group! Debbie knew the general area that they were going to so we kept looking for them. Finally we spotted some of the group around the outside supermarket area.

We continued back behind the stores and I was able to practice my presentation in Spanish! The first woman I talked to was very busy getting her clothes off the line so she asked me to come back later in the afternoon after 3. That was my first RV!

We kept heading back further down the street and Debbie had some really good conversations. People here are so laid back, it's really nice to preach to them. They invite you to come in or sit down or at least let you talk. They seem to be listening to what we say and when we read from the Bible, they really pay attention and follow along. They seem easy to talk to and pretty relaxed so that makes the conversation go smoothly. Most of the sisters I've been with have been able to share two, three or more scriptures at the door! So I have really been enjoying the Spanish ministry here as well since the Bible conversations in service have been so good.

Debbie in front of some pretty leaves
And then my turn! Will have to photoshop the two of us together later :D

 We went to another house where the woman invited us into sit down and I got to use my presentation again. I gave her the "no more suffering" tract and then Debbie had a conversation with her about God's purpose for the earth, his name, and his role as the only true God, Jehovah.

She said I could go back on her too so that was my second RV!

Debbie had a study up the street with a woman who works in a salon. She had lived in the States for 10 years so she understood English as well as Spanish which was nice for me because I could comment on the study in English!

That afternoon I had plans to join a sister on her study by the study canceled so we went back to my first RV to try her again but she wasn't home. So we went back to my house and I made Doris some peach pancakes that I had already for lunch.

That evening there was a group going to the beach for a small goodbye gathering. The two sisters vising Tom and Natalie were heading back the next day so we went down and played frisbee.




Natalie and her sons riding back on a moto


4 comments:

  1. Looks so beautiful! & looks like tons of fun! Will you guys ever come home to the cold winters of PA ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some good experiences. I like the pic of Emily at beach with the boys. She is right at home at the beach with kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that the same kind of moto u took to the whale watching the other day. Looks like fun glad u all are doing well in the world wide preaching in the dr

    ReplyDelete